I've witnessed the rise, fall and the even steeper fall of the brony fandom. Among the big signs that the steep fall was about to happen, was how the fans decided that characters was to have one trait and only one trait. Such a strategy has never worked. Every show that has had professional writers, including random examples like Big Time Rush, New Girl or even Max & Ruby, knew that characters need more than one trait to be a good character. Bronies decided "Fuck this shit, only what we say will be the almighty truth". So here is a list of horror examples, so that everyone else can acquire the knowledge of how to not do any such things.
Twilight Sparkle: Not only did they turn "adorkable" into a word, they turned "OCD" into a compliment. Okay, I admit it, that's two traits given to her.
Fluttershy: She is loved by a majority of fans, and is in various fan portrayals shown as loving to wink, be in "cute" positions for no reason at all, a loving creature even towards random humans she's never met before, and one who stare at you "adorably" for all of eternity. If you consider her pathetic appearance in Dragonshy, there's instead a 999/1000 chance that she'd run like crazy away from you if you ever met her, without saying a single word to you.
Rainbow Dash: She is considered rude and boasting. Why? Who knows. In Boast Busters, she picked up on Trixie's challenge. In Wonderbolts Academy, she stood up against a teammate who probably would have won them both winning placements at the Academy. And if I ever see any brony who would even dare to use the RD-Fluttershy scene in TCE as a proof that Rainbow Dash sucks, I will make the rest of that person's life a nightmare.
Muffins: The portrayal of "I just don't know what went wrong" was a thing for a while, but now the absolute entirety of her character can be summarised as "muffinsmuffinsmuffinsmuffins".
Lyra: Based on sitting on a few benches, and a two-second scene with a foamhand in Sonic Rainboom, you've made her into "handshandshandshands".
Spitfire: Based on a dub scene involving an extremely dry Swedish voice, that sounds to a Scandinavian as if the actor hadn't consumed any water in the past 15 hours. Spitfire is now a sausage-loving, overly sensual Swede. Wonderbolts Academy showed her as anything but.
Luna: As I don't want to spend three paragraphs on listing all the errors with her, I'll try to summarise a bit. She is not sexy, a lost soul, a dark soul, or a chibi, is not desiring to overthrow her sister, not wanting to establish relationships with random humans, not keen on looking sadly up in the night sky, not bouncing around in happiness, and only about 5% of all fan portrayals of Luna on the moon has even the slightest chance of being true (The remaining 95% being garbage).